Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2020/03/06 18:39:47 UTC

Re: Write transactions latency

Hi Dmitry,

I would guess that deleting a range partition could affect latency of other
operations mostly because the deletion of a bunch of data on disk will
result in some IO and filesystem metadata traffic. This load may impact
other operations on the same node, though I wouldn't expect it to be
drastic.

Could you share a bit more data about what you're seeing?

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera