Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Josh Harrison <jo...@coraxcyber.com> on 2015/12/09 19:57:15 UTC

JDBC adapter connection issue - JRor Phoenix project.

Hi all,

I’m trying to integrate a JRor app with Phoenix and Hbase. When running rake db: create I’m getting the following error:

Couldn't create database for {"adapter"=>"", "driver"=>"org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver", "url"=>"jdbc:phoenix://localhost:2181/default", "database"=>"default", "username"=>”[username]", "password"=>”[password]"}

Note: adapter is blank.

In my database.yml I have specified the adapted in the following way:

development:
  adapter: jdbc
  driver: org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver
  url: jdbc:phoenix://localhost:2181/default
  database: default
  username: [username]
  password: [password]

Related Gems in Gemfile:

gem 'activerecord-jdbc-adapter', '=1.3.19', platform: :jruby
gem 'jdbc-mysql'
gem 'activerecord-jdbcmysql-adapter’

So the error has pulled the database.yml verbatim, but not found the jdbc adapter! I thought that this may be a Gem issue with activerecord-jdbc-adapter 1.3.19, however after downgrading to 1.3.18 I still hit the same error.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all and the best way forward?

Many thanks.
Josh.

--

This is an e-mail from Corax Cyber Security Ltd or Corax Cyber Security
Inc. This email together with any attachments may contain confidential

If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately. Although
Corax Cyber Security Ltd and Corax Cyber Security Inc believes this email
and any attachments are free of any virus, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free.