Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by "Gogineni, Tarun" <go...@frib.msu.edu> on 2016/07/26 13:32:08 UTC

Vagrantfile

Hi,

The Vagrantfile included with the aurora git repo is basically just an file system image download. Normally, Vagrantfiles have somewhat more documentation and detail as to the process of installation ... is there any documentation that details the steps used to create the Vagrant environment?

Thank you!

Re: Vagrantfile

Posted by Joshua Cohen <jc...@apache.org>.
Hi Tarun,

We recently moved to using a custom Vagrant basebox rather than installing
everything we need at provision-time to speed up the process of re-creating
the vagrant environment. The process for creating the basebox is still well
documented though, you can find details in the README here:
https://github.com/apache/aurora/tree/master/build-support/packer as well
as the actual set up for the image in the build.sh script found in that
directory.

Cheers,

Joshua