Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Lars George <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/26 18:19:31 UTC

Region Split Comic

Hi,

Have a look at http://ikaisays.com/2011/01/25/app-engine-datastore-tip-monotonically-increasing-values-are-bad/

This is awesome and applies equally to HBase, simply s/Tablet/Region/g
and you have the same issues using sequential row keys.

Ikai, if you read this, please do another set for HBase!

Regards,
Lars

Re: Region Split Comic

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Don't we need a caped hero first, before you start in your stick
figures, so know what to aim for?
St.Ack

Re: Region Split Comic

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.