Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Simms <hm...@argh.demon.co.uk> on 1998/02/24 18:20:11 UTC

mod_cgi/1866: Error attempting to run cgi script. Apparently cannot find a script ending .cgi If I rename it to .exe, it can run it.

>Number:         1866
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Error attempting to run cgi script. Apparently cannot find a script ending .cgi If I rename it to .exe, it can run it.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
[Tue Feb 24 17:12:30 1998] [error] (2)No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/web/cgi-bin/emms.cgi
The file definitely exists, it can be run from the commandline, and if changed to .exe works fine.
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi has been added to srm.conf
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunately this is on an intranet behind more firewalls than the pentagon. If I could help on that I would. Sorry.
>Fix:
umm, no idea sorry. It does appear identical to an error under OS/2 (error report 59%2