Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/04/26 08:38:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Tomcat Connectors-- Urgent

I want to connect Apache and Jakartha tomcat applcaitions and so i installed the connectors using John Turner documentation. I am ablt to access the jsp pages of jakartha tomcat also through apache web server by just giving the http:lllocalhost/examples/index.jsp.

 Now what i need is I am not able to do this from a remote system which is in LAN  with my system.

 I am able to access http://192.9.200.62/<any apache supporing pages> but when I am tring to access the jsp pages i.e through connector wth my system ip from other syetm then an error is popped out

 http://192.9.200.62/examples/index.php

 show an error like:
 The requested URL /examples was not found on this server.

---------------------------------
 Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) PHP/5.0.5 mod_jk/1.2.6 Server at 192.9.200.62 Port 80
 Can any one tell me how can i access the jsp pages using apahce web server through connectors from a remote system as explanined above.

 Any help please

 Thankyou
 Indraveni

---------------------------------
 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

---------------------------------
 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Tomcat Connectors-- Urgent

Posted by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in>.
http://localhost/examples -- working fine
 http://lcaolhost:8080/examples -- working fine
 http://192.9.200.62:8080/exmaples -- working fine
 BUT
 http://192.9.200.62/examples -- NOT WORKING

 This error message is displayed

 The requested URL /examples was not found on this server.

 ERROR LOG FILE

 [Wed Apr 26 12:42:18 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/index.html
 [Wed Apr 26 12:42:18 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/index.htm
 [Wed Apr 26 12:42:18 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: index.jsp

 There is nothing in the mod_jk.conf file

Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

On 4/26/06, Indraveni  wrote:
> I want to connect Apache and Jakartha tomcat applcaitions and so i installed
> the connectors using John Turner documentation. I am ablt to access the jsp
> pages of jakartha tomcat also through apache web server by just giving the
> http:lllocalhost/examples/index.jsp.
>
>  Now what i need is I am not able to do this from a remote system which is
> in LAN  with my system.

If your apache and connector's configurations are fine, it will work
from both your local host and any remote PC from within your LAN (if
your firewall allows it obviously).

>  I am able to access http://192.9.200.62/ but
> when I am tring to access the jsp pages i.e through connector wth my system
> ip from other syetm then an error is popped out
>
>  http://192.9.200.62/examples/index.php

I suppose that the index.php is a typing error, isn't it? Did you try
to connect to 192.9.200.62:8080? Does tomcat respond at that address?
Could you give more information regarding your configuration?

Regards,

Gaël

---------------------------------

Posted by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in>.
These lines are being displayed when i treid to access
 http://lcoalhost/examples - the jsp files are excuting properly but still these lines are there in error log file::

 [Wed Apr 26 13:14:27 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/index.html
 [Wed Apr 26 13:14:27 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/index.htm
 [Wed Apr 26 13:14:27 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: index.jsp
 [Wed Apr 26 13:14:27 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/favicon.ico

 When I tried to access the http://192.9.200.62/examples error.log file is dislpaying the following lines..

 [Wed Apr 26 13:13:51 2006] [error] [client 192.9.200.62] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/examples
 [Wed Apr 26 13:13:51 2006] [error] [client 192.9.200.62] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/favicon.ico

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,