Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Johann Mattsson <jo...@migrationsverket.se> on 2004/09/21 11:33:02 UTC

Placing text on bottom of region-body...

Hello all

I am producing a document which may consists of 1 or more pages of same type, followed by 0 or more pages of another type, every page have a header and a footer. The last page of the first "set of pages" should have a certain text down on the bottom of that page, regardless of how much text it consists of otherwise.
Im not certain how to produce such a FOP code to achieve this, i guess i somehow have to make a table or something that fills up the "empty space" in the page to get to the bottom on the page. But maybe someone have another idea or some input to give to me.

Any input is welcome!

Regards
Johann M

Re: Placing text on bottom of region-body...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Johann Mattsson wrote:
> I am producing a document which may consists of 1 or more pages of
> same type, followed by 0 or more pages of another type, every page
> have a header and a footer. The last page of the first "set of pages"
> should have a certain text down on the bottom of that page,
> regardless of how much text it consists of otherwise. Im not certain
> how to produce such a FOP code to achieve this, i guess i somehow
> have to make a table or something that fills up the "empty space" in
> the page to get to the bottom on the page. But maybe someone have
> another idea or some input to give to me.

You'll have to use two page sequences, each with its own page
master. The special text on the last page of each page sequence
can be inserted with a footnote or a marker, depending on whether
you want to have it in the static content area.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Placing text on bottom of region-body...

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Johann Mattsson wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am producing a document which may consists of 1 or more pages of same type, followed by 0 or more pages of another type, every page have a header and a footer. The last page of the first "set of pages" should have a certain text down on the bottom of that page, regardless of how much text it consists of otherwise.
> Im not certain how to produce such a FOP code to achieve this, i guess i somehow have to make a table or something that fills up the "empty space" in the page to get to the bottom on the page. But maybe someone have another idea or some input to give to me.

Try using footnotes. Insert a footnote at the end of the last piece of content
in the first set of pages. The only trouble is if the original content happens
to fill the last page there may be some nasty side effects.

Chris

Re: Placing text on bottom of region-body...

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Sep 21, 2004, at 2:33 AM, Johann Mattsson wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am producing a document which may consists of 1 or more pages of
> same type, followed by 0 or more pages of another type, every page
> have a header and a footer. The last page of the first "set of pages"
> should have a certain text down on the bottom of that page, regardless
> of how much text it consists of otherwise.
> Im not certain how to produce such a FOP code to achieve this, i guess
> i somehow have to make a table or something that fills up the "empty
> space" in the page to get to the bottom on the page. But maybe someone
> have another idea or some input to give to me.
>
> Any input is welcome!
>
> Regards
> Johann M

Sorry. I don't know the answer to this one, but perhaps it has
something to do with Markers[1] and/or Footnotes[2]? Unfortunately, I'm
not pointing to links on the internet of where to look, although a
google search might be useful. Instead I'm pointing to example files
included with FOP:

[1]
examples/fo/markers/
[2]