Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Markus Sommer <so...@isb-fn.de> on 2018/11/21 13:26:12 UTC

[C/C++] Start of implementation PLC4C

Dear Apache PLC4x Community,

Some days ago I met Christofer Dutz at an event in Berlin. He gave a speech about PLC4X. I spoke about AI. From the very first beginning I was fascinated by this project.
Later that day he told me more about PLC4X, about the early days, the aim behind and current progress.
We found a common basis very quickly because I have already worked in relevant areas of software and automation since 1999.

I already developed Window drivers on my own (e.g. drivers for label printers in production for SAP). Furthermore I have extensive experience for run time optimized development in C++ for embedded systems. Over the last years I was also engaged in platform-independent coding for Windows, Linux, Android an iOS.
Currently I am CEO of an engineering company (https://www.isb-fn.de/) and founder of a company for process optimization with AI (https://www.lafeta.de).

Because of my knowledge and background I know that such a project like PLC4X is needed in industry. This is a big step in direction of IOT so everybody can use his own automation data and is independent of any vendor.
Christofer also told me that the next big thing of PLC4X is development in C/C++ and developers are needed for this. I totally agree with him that with C/C++ PLC4X is useable in a wide range of applications and enthusiastic people are needed. To achieve this aim I would like to participate, support and bring in my long-standing experience in this project.

Following approach I can imagine for further development.
- code migration from JAVA to C++ with necessary modifications
- usage of Boost Library or another Library (e.g. nettyplusplus) for platform-independent threading and communication
- realization of functionalities (passive read, read, subscribe, write etc.)
- developing a C to C++ wrapper at a high level for application in C

Who of you wants to join for developing in C/C++ and make the next big thing happen?

Best Regards,
Markus
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Sommer
Geschäftsführer

isb innovative software businesses GmbH
Otto-Lilienthal-Straße 2
D 88046 Friedrichshafen

Tel          +49 (0) 7541 3834-14
Fax         +49 (0) 7541 3834-20
Mobil    +49 (0) 171 537 8437

Mail to  sommer@isb-fn.de<ma...@isb-fn.de>
http://www.isb-fn.de<http://www.isb-fn.de/>

Geschäftsführer: Markus Sommer, Thomas Zeler
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ulm HRB-Nr. 631624
Important Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain trade secrets and may well also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient please understand that you must not copy this e-mail or any attachments or disclose the contents to any other person.
Thank you.

[cid:image001.png@01D028E3.34F96070]

AW: [C/C++] Start of implementation PLC4C

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

I know that there are people on this list interested in C / C++ type libraries ... would be great if you have any form of opinion towards this to step up now.
Otherwise Markus and his team will start working on this the way they think seem fit.
I know communities are always full of opinions, so please step forward and make yourself heard.

Chris

Am 21.11.18, 18:18 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Markus,

    I’m very happy you made it to the list :-)

    Even if I’m not too deep into C/C++ and alike, I know that there are several subscribers on this list just waiting for this to pop up.
    Some just planning on consuming but also ones interested in helping out with the coding.

    For example Beckhoff just recently approached me with the question, when we’re gonna be starting this, because they are greatly interested in PLC4X C-type drivers.

    I am sure we’ll have a great discussion here and really looking forward to getting this thing started.

    Chris