Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Armbrust <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/11 23:54:55 UTC

Minor Doc Bug on website

On the page: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html

It talks about:

"genStringAsCharArray - Should text strings be generated as char
arrays, to improve performance in some cases? Default false."

In the web.xml of Tomcat 6.0.20, the parameter name is:

"genStrAsCharArray   Should text strings be generated as char arrays,
to improve performance in some cases?  [false]  "

Perhaps it accepts either parameter name?

Dan

Re: Minor Doc Bug on website

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/12/2009 22:54, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> On the page: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html
>
> It talks about:
>
> "genStringAsCharArray - Should text strings be generated as char
> arrays, to improve performance in some cases? Default false."
>
> In the web.xml of Tomcat 6.0.20, the parameter name is:
>
> "genStrAsCharArray   Should text strings be generated as char arrays,
> to improve performance in some cases?  [false]  "
>
> Perhaps it accepts either parameter name?

Internally genStringAsCharArray  is used. However, the servlet init
parameter is genStrAsCharArray.

I've made it consistent for Tomcat 7 and I'll fix the docs for 6.0.x and
5.5.x. You won't see the changes in the docs until after the next
release of each.

Mark