Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/18 08:33:55 UTC

Re: importing a node

To you and Ori Raz,

Look for classes org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl and
org.w3c.dom.Document.
Those classes are in the Xerces in the sources of 1_2_3.
You use class importNode

importNode class copies the other node "by value" -- it extracts all the
information and uses it to produce a new node (or nodes) belonging to the
target document. The data being copied must already be available via the
DOM Node API; you're importing from another Document( another DOM), not from
a URI or file.

Hope this helps,

         Jeffrey E. Rodriguez
         IBM Silicon Valley Lab - PIM Applications development.