Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Rienzi Garberoglio <ri...@tin.it> on 2000/05/26 12:07:24 UTC

general/6122: The problem is that, even if they have the extensions of FrontPage 2000

>Number:         6122
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       The problem is that, even if they have the extensions of FrontPage 2000
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 26 03:10:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     rienzi.garberoglio@tin.it
>Release:        Apache 1.3.9
>Environment:
Apache 1.3.9 in Operating System Linux 2.0.36 - Unix FreeBsd Web server Apache 1.2.6
Sure Serveur SSL Apache-Mod_SSL, Certification by: Thawte' s Certifying
Compilers Interpreters Perl 5.xx, Java, C++ Bookcases GCI.pm, GD.pm,
GCI-cLcIcB.pl
Compatibility Frontpage 97 - 98 - 2000, SSI, Realaudio and Realvideo, SSL,
Postgres, MSQL2, Mysql, Php3

Apache Foundation Software:

my society (Mediatel limited liability company of Ferrara) has recorded
several space hosting and dominions on the provider under listed:
http://www.widestore.net

The problem is that, even if they have the extensions of FrontPage 2000, the
serveur Apache does not process the ASP and the connection with the database
of Access 2000.
Alternative proposed from the technicians is to manage the database with
MySQL, but it must set up specific cgi Perl... or to manage all on-linens
(too much complicated for we!)...
Unfortunately, for inner automatic issues to our company (a CALL CENTER in
increase... the matter uses exclusively produced to Microsoft) all becomes
difficult and expensive in time and money:

1) as I can make to transform, to connect, to manage the data from Access to
MySQL (+ My-ODBC)..., exist simple procedures and automatic, guides with
regard to, exist driver of in order exporting directly to the MySQL format
or that they generate similar rows?
2) you have other suggestions and instruments alternatives to propose?
3) it is not just possible to manage the ASP or the PHP can find the data
from Access rows? Of continuation directory all the characteristics to my
disposition on the serveur, provider, extensions, etc...

You I augur good job.
Aspect with anxiety your answers... (rienzi.garberoglio@infinito.it or
rienzi.garberoglio@tin.it)

Rienzi Garberoglio
------------------

Provider:
http://www.widestore.net
Of continuation we list to all the services and the characteristics to you
of service BIG-WID 100:
- Procedure of recording of the dominion
- Insertion of the dominion on new the serveur (for the dominions activated
from the 10/04/2000)
- 100 Megabyte of Web space on lines T3
- 100 cases of electronic mail POP3
- limitless Number of alias email
- limitless Number of autorisponditori email
- 5 attivabili dominions web (within your space of 100 MB)
- Possibility to only create dominions of third level es.
http://hosting.widestore.it
- Addresses IP NOT SHARED
- Approached ftp and telnet (telnet demand)
- Extensions FrontPage 2000 (excluded ASP and access database Access: since
they are serveur Apache 1.3.9)
- Support WML (visible pages via WAP)
- Serveur RealAudio
- Servero RealVideo
- sure Serveur SSL
- Some examples of script cgi already installed between which:
- Counter of access visible or not visible for every page
- Guestbook
- Conference Room
- cgi for the management of form (the given modules)
- Management Mailing List
- Forum
- personal Directory cgi-bin
- Statistics (Webalizer)
- technical Support on-linens
- technical Support via email 24h/24h
- telephone technical Support in the hours office (0532 242425 - 6 lines
r.a.)
- Serveur Uptime: 99,99%

Characteristics of the serveur:
Connection T3 (45 Mb/s) Operating System Linux 2.0.36
Unix FreeBsd Web server Apache 1.2.6
Apache 1.3.9
Sure Serveur SSL Apache-Mod_SSL, Certification by: Thawte' s Certifying
Compilers Interpreters Perl 5.xx, Java, C++ Bookcases GCI.pm, GD.pm,
GCI-cLcIcB.pl
Compatibility Frontpage 97 - 98 - 2000, SSI, Realaudio and Realvideo, SSL,
Postgres, MSQL2, Mysql, Php3
>From the 16/03/2000 we have to disposition one new battery of Serveur for
our holders of BIG-WID (and for their customers!), the characteristics of
these new machines are of highest level, between which the famous operating
system UNIX FreeBSD, used from the accommodating Serveur the situated ones
of greater happening (you see www.yahoo.com):
- Connection T3 (45Mbit/s)
- Pentium III 550 MHZ
- Operating System:
UNIX FreeBSD system
- Apache 1.3.9 (Web server) ---> Therefore does not support the
Characteristic ASP and services:
- Ssh (Secure Login)
- JDK 1.1.7 (kit development Java)
- Majordomo (Mailing list)
- Mysql (MySQL database)
- Php 3 (on Door 80) (similar to the ASP)
- Perl 5.005 - PGP (PGP encryption software)
- Webalizer (Statistics)
- Sendmail (Mail software)
- Extensions FrontPage 2000 (excluded ASP and access database Access)
- Serveur RealAudio and RealVideo
http://www.widestore.net
>Fix:
NO