Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Georg Köster <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/06 09:00:43 UTC

Resource not found - create-component troubles

Hi there,

thanks for creating this framework. It looks really promising and I
want to use it for a real world project.

Until now I was working with 9.4 - since that was available as a
bundle. Now I prepare to do some real work and did a checkout of 10.4.
I was quite amazed by the progress! I also saw a lot of action in the
svn repo, backporting of bugfixes etc. Great!

Just when I was starting to work I stumbled onto classpath troubles.
After a clean create-component I get this:
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://hwm/widget/CommonScreens.xml#main-decorator]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find resource bundle
[HwmUiLabels] in the locale [en] (Could not find resource bundle
[HwmUiLabels] in the locale [en])

First with en_US and then also for en, when I changed the language
while in another application.

I already read the  UtilProperties and related code, but still am a
bit dumbfounded by this. Can you help me here?

Best,
Georg

Re: Resource not found - create-component troubles

Posted by Georg Köster <ge...@gmail.com>.
Got it, it's the ant copy-replace happening during create-component.
In my case it's not correctly assuming UTF-8, and mangling destroys
the Chinese in the UiLabels Template. Then Xerces barks - but that's
not correctly logged. I'll upload a patch soon.

Best,
Georg

Posted by Georg Köster <ge...@gmail.com>.