Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by harsha <it...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/14 12:02:28 UTC

James2.3 to james3bea4 user and mailbox migration

Hi,

I am currently using james2.3.2 in windows 2008 can any one please give me
the steps i need to follow to migrate users and mails from james 2.3.2 to
james 3beta4. i am a basic user can any one help me from scratch to migrate
my users please help me in this issue with steps.

in james 2.3 i am using database mysql to store all the details.
now for james 3beta4 also i would like to use mysql only.
please suggest me the steps i need to take.

i try like this

in *james-database.properties*
i changed the database to mysql and i used the database for v3 which i used
for v2.
i mean /for v2 i used db name as "X" now for v3 also same db i am using./
in *usersrepository23.conf*
i changed/ class="org.apache.james.user.jpa.JPAUsersRepository",
destination url to "db://maildb/JAMES_USERS"/
and i stoped all the protocols(pop,imap,smtp) by using the config files.
in jmx.properties i used it by default values.
and i just run the james3beta4 it stated . james v3 started successfully .

Now i dont know the steps where to find jmx console like... please help me
to find this

in advance thanks a lot for helping me here.