Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Heck, Timo" <T....@dnb.de> on 2011/11/18 17:17:45 UTC

multiple versions of jar in war

Hi there,

I am trying to migrate some projects to maven layout.
Now I stumbled across this issue I can't find any information about.

I am developing a webapp project and moved it to maven layout.
I am working with maven 3.0.3 and eclipse indigo, m2e wtp plugin.

When I run this webapp from within eclipse, everything is fine.
But when I build the war and deploy this to our servers
I get strange errors.

After a while I figured out that maven does package libs which
should not be there.
There are multiple versions of some libs which actually are resolved
once in pom
but there are also libs which are not defined at all.

I can't figure out how to get maven to make a clean build.
Doing "mvn clean package" did not show any effect.
The resulting war is always the same.

The mailing list show some people with similar problems
but I did not find any solution.

Does someone know anything about this?

--
Timo Heck
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek

Re: multiple versions of jar in war

Posted by Ansgar Konermann <an...@googlemail.com>.
> I get strange errors.

Could you be more specific? Some actual error messages would be great.

> After a while I figured out that maven does package libs which
> should not be there.

Be concrete: which libs? What makes you believe they should not be there?

> There are multiple versions of some libs which actually are resolved
> once in pom
> but there are also libs which are not defined at all.

Might be some transitive dependencies of the libs you have in the pom.

Best regards

Ansgar

Re: multiple versions of jar in war

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Heck, Timo <T....@dnb.de> wrote:
> After a while I figured out that maven does package libs which
> should not be there.
> There are multiple versions of some libs which actually are resolved
> once in pom
> but there are also libs which are not defined at all.

Maybe http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-220 ? I was seeing this
with a few projects of mine where I use overlays. If dependency
versions are resolved using dependencyManagement section, and there is
an overlay, and the overlay declares different versions of
dependencies, m-war-p would end up putting both the overlay version
and the dM version into the final war.

Ouch.

-Jesse