Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/10 23:48:12 UTC

Re: Retaining bundles installed in OSGI virtual machine from remote OBR, in local OBR

Hi,

Richard S. Hall schrieb:
> Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>> 2008/8/28 Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>
>>> I completely agree. Why not change the RepositoryAdminImpl as
>>> proposed by
>>> Krishanu. This would at least give a somewhat easier user experience
>>> in that
>>> the user might just get the repositories back in the order of calling
>>> the
>>> add method (mostly though because referrals may add additional
>>> repositories,
>>> which might interfere, but I think this is a minor issue here).
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>

>> +1, using LinkedHashMap would also make things more more consistent
>> between
>> runs
>>

> I am not against making them ordered either, it shouldn't impact
> anything else I don't think.

Hmm, LinkedHashMap has a drawback: It is only available in JRE 1.4 and
later. To be able to run the bundlerepository bundle in JRE 1.3
(assuming there are still people out there using this) we have to
probably find a different solution.

Regards
Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Richard S. Hall schrieb:
>
>> Stuart McCulloch wrote:

>>> +1, using LinkedHashMap would also make things more more consistent
>>> between
>>> runs
>>>

>> I am not against making them ordered either, it shouldn't impact
>> anything else I don't think.
>>

> Hmm, LinkedHashMap has a drawback: It is only available in JRE 1.4 and
> later. To be able to run the bundlerepository bundle in JRE 1.3
> (assuming there are still people out there using this) we have to
> probably find a different solution.

Yep, that would be an issue.

-> richard