Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM> on 2009/03/12 17:24:03 UTC

Question on release notes

For the release, we will currently have 4 artifacts all labeled 0.1 :
. PHP binary pkg, PHP src pkg, rails binary and rails src packages.

Do we want a single ReleaseNotes that covers all the packages of a
particular version ? If so, we can put the release-notes outside of the
pkgs in the distribution directory itself making it easier for folks to
read it first. (For e.g see http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/ )

If we think separate release notes are warranted for each package, then
it will have to go into each of the packages.

Comments ?
Shanti

Re: Question on release notes

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
That's a good idea and we should think of writing a script to extract
the JIRA's (there's probably something floating around in apache-land).
But for this first release, I don't plan to include any JIRA's.
Good point about keeping the list of issues separate - Would it be okay
to put the multiple release notes outside the pkgs ? So, for e.g. our
dist directory will look like :

Release-Notes-php-0.1.txt
Release-Notes-rails-0.1.txt
apache-olio-php-0.1.tar.gz