Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Susheel <su...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/23 05:06:11 UTC

Datatable won't reneder when added message with FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR

Hi All,

I am facing this strange problem with dataTable. I am using myfaces 1.1.4
and tomahawk 1.1.5.

I have a jsp page with datatable backed up by collection in Managed Bean.
First the datatable is renedrerd properly.

After submiting the page there's some validations in the bean. If there's
any error then I add a message in the Context with severity
FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR.

This works fine and I do see a error message on the page. But my datatable
won't reneder.
I have checked that the backing collection is not null and the get method
never gets called.

If I change the severity to FacesMessage.SEVERITY_INFO or
FacesMessage.SEVERITY_WARN then the datatabse is renederd.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks Susheel