Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Anurag Rai <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 09:13:31 UTC

New GSoC student

Hi all,
I am a  GSoC 2009 student. I would be working on Slice module of OpenJPA.
Currently I will be setting the environment to work with Slice. Ashish
Paliwal, a fellow GSoCer,  has already done a lot of research in setting up
the environment. I hope to benefit from it a lot.
I have done coding using JPA but i would like to read a bit more about
persistence and distributed databases just to get started. Could any one of
you suggest few references.

Thankyou
Anurag Rai.

Re: New GSoC student

Posted by ashish paliwal <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi anurag,

 Follow the instructions [1] to build. The document given on site[2]
is a good starting point. If you are facing problem in setting up the
environment download the snapshot2.0.0 version from [3] and build
that. There are testcases in /slice/src/test amd you can go through
them. Also, /examples is a good place to sart (was atleast for me).

[1] http://openjpa.apache.org/building-openjpa.html
[2] http://openjpa.apache.org/documentation.html.

regards

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Anurag Rai <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am a  GSoC 2009 student. I would be working on Slice module of OpenJPA.
> Currently I will be setting the environment to work with Slice. Ashish
> Paliwal, a fellow GSoCer,  has already done a lot of research in setting up
> the environment. I hope to benefit from it a lot.
> I have done coding using JPA but i would like to read a bit more about
> persistence and distributed databases just to get started. Could any one of
> you suggest few references.
>

> Thankyou
> Anurag Rai.

Ashish Paliwal