Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by 414n <al...@iooota.com> on 2016/08/05 18:30:43 UTC

Shiro in a DS-enabled Karaf OSGI environment

Greetings,

we're currently trying to get Shiro to work in our Karaf environment, but
we're facing some issues, the most of which are probably classpath-related.
Our most recent issue with it comes from the Shiro runtime being unable to
locate the class declared inside the shiro.conf file, which is a class
inside the same bundle that contains the configuration file. This is
probably due to the special classloader used inside OSGI environments and I
guess it requires a little paradigm shift from the "usual" way of using the
Shiro framework.
I've found some advice regarding operating with Shiro in an OSGI environment
with Declarative Services or Blueprint ([1] and [2] and [3]), where the
general consensus seems to be to just get rid of the static configuration
file 'shiro.ini' and then configure the Shiro components programmatically,
wrapping them in proper OSGI Components that can be injected inside the
bundles requiring Shiro.
I would like to know if anyone has ever had this kind of issue and if
there's some specific guidance regarding using Shiro with Declarative
Services (not Blueprint), as I could not find this kind of information in
the official documentation.

Kindest Regards

[1]:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/shiro-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCA+q76dJuyZ9capiiM+Kp5vwvmYem82f5mULi16CZwnTjp1Va3g@mail.gmail.com%3E