Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/13 23:27:26 UTC

Sample Application with OWB + JSF + JPA

Hi guys;

I have finally finished the real sample application written with JSF + JPA + OWB. It is called "Hotel Reservation Application". You can create Admin and Normal user accounts. Admin is responsible for defining hotels etc, and user creates a hotel reservation.

Altough it is a simple application, it uses and shows most of the functionality that are defined in the JSR-299, including Scope and Contexts, Interceptors, Decorators, Events and Observers etc.

STEPS TO RUN
-------------------------------
It is located in the trunk/samples/reservation directory. In this directory

>> mvn clean install -Pjetty --> to compile and install
>> mvn jetty:run -Pjetty  --> to run the jetty container

Then, http://localhost:8080/reservation

Voila, enjoys it!

Thanks;

Gurkan

Fwd: Sample Application with OWB + JSF + JPA

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
FYI

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

AW: Sample Application with OWB + JSF + JPA

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Basically the JSR-299 @Transactional has all things on board.
Imho porting orchestra to OWB is not necessary. We most probably 'only' have to improve the Interceptor which handles @Transactional - but we should at least think about this JPA timeout Exception usecases for OWB too.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Gurkan!

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

This is my --> mvn help:effective-pom repository setting.

    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>java.net</id>
        http://download.java.net/maven/1
        <layout>legacy</layout>
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <releases>
          <enabled>false</enabled>
        </releases>
        <id>apache.snapshots</id>
        <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
        http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <snapshots>
          <enabled>false</enabled>
        </snapshots>
        <id>central</id>
        <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
        http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
      </repository>
    </repositories>

________________________________

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
where to find this guy ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
awesome!

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
----
Thanks

AW: Sample Application with OWB + JSF + JPA

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
cool!