Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Skladov, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2002/07/08 10:26:21 UTC

Problem with building Apache 2.0.39 on Solaris 5.8

Dear Friends!

Although I follow all the installation instructions, I can't
successfully build Apache 2.0.39 on Solaris.
When testing httpd.conf, the following message appears:

# ./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 222 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so into server:
ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache2/m
odules/mod_auth_digest.so: symbol __floatdidf: referenced symbol not
found

I've set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where all .so libraries are, but it
didn't help.
When I install the binary distribution, I see the same message.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything in mail archives - only
questions...:-((

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be
appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance
Viktor

Re: Problem with building Apache 2.0.39 on Solaris 5.8

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
are you building this on the same machine were you are running it? also,
this is an experimental module according to the apache.org website. do
you need it? why don't you just edit your httpd.conf file such that the
library isn't loaded.

finally, is your solaris 8 system fully patched?

cheers,
andy

--
"an uber-system has been superposed, bootstrapped to convergence at maximized functionality..."
--

addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby