Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/07 20:46:53 UTC

Speedup of test target

Since apache was granted a clover license I was looking to add a
clover target to hive. I know recently there was a jira issue on
running ant tests in parallel. I have a modest core II due laptop that
takes quite a while on the test target. Does the trunk currently by
default run test in parallel, if not how can I enable this? Also what
are people out there using to run the test target hardware wise, and
how long does ant test take?

Thanks,
Edward

Re: Speedup of test target

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
I was thinking to go really out of the box and write some target to
run the build/test on hadoop. I know i had set up distcc at one point
to speed up c++builds, hudson supposedly has some logic to distribute
some build/test tasks.

I am thinking out loud here because each patch comes with a positive
or negative test, and as the codebase grows build test is going to
take progressively longer. Also we are running a full test for each
major hadoop version for each patch that can hurt our dev time to.

Really all the tests should be and are unrelated so I am thinking
list test cases.txt
NLINE input format
hive + ant in distributed cache
m/r ant test