Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jan Rasehorn <j....@gmail.com> on 2017/02/07 18:26:27 UTC

Zeppelin 0.7.0 - change of dynamic form element does not trigger paragraph execution

Hello,

I am currently trying 0.7.0 version and run my notebooks in created with
0.6.2.
I recognized that the paragraph does not get executed automatically if I
change the value of a dynamic form which I created with z.select(...).

Additionally the output of scala is printed below the dynamic form and if I
hide the output, the select element also disappears.

What shall I do?

Best regards,
Jan

Re: Zeppelin 0.7.0 - change of dynamic form element does not trigger paragraph execution

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

Thanks for questions.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2060 is the issue tracks
dynamic form execution behavior change.
We're planning to provide more intuitive way in 0.7.1.

Disappearing dynamic form element when hide the output is expected behavior.
While Hiding editor and Hiding output is counter part of each other, and
we'd like to show dynamic form when hiding editor.
As a result dynamic form is not showing when hide the output.

Thanks,
moon