Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Benson <mb...@apache.org> on 2014/03/27 05:29:50 UTC

[proxy] toward a v2.0 release

This is the notice that I intend to serve as release manager and begin
cutting release candidates in the very near future after a very small
amount of remaining cleanup. Those of you who wish to formulate and express
opinions on the state of the codebase before the v2 API is set in stone
should probably go ahead and begin doing so.

Matt

Re: [proxy] toward a v2.0 release

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
FTR, I agree these should be removed, but out of common courtesy we should
probably seek James's acquiescence.

Matt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 27, 2014 6:43 AM, "sebb" <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 March 2014 04:29, Matt Benson <mb...@apache.org> wrote:
> > This is the notice that I intend to serve as release manager and begin
> > cutting release candidates in the very near future after a very small
> > amount of remaining cleanup. Those of you who wish to formulate and
express
> > opinions on the state of the codebase before the v2 API is set in stone
> > should probably go ahead and begin doing so.
>
> I took a quick look, and Eclipse complains that the interface
> implementations are not flagged with @Override, even though the
> compiler is set to 1.6.
> Is that intentional? [Obviously does not affect the API]

Not intentional; thanks for spotting and addressing. We should potentially
add these items to one of our static code checker configurations.

> Also, I spotted at least one instance of
>
> @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
>
> with no explanation as to why it is safe to ignore the warning.
>
> Since such warnings can indicate a generics issue which may be tricky
> to fix later I think they need to be addressed before fixing the API.

If you see it again, let me know and/or add a TODO in the code.

> My other main concern regarding API petrification is mutable public or
> protected variables.
> Not yet scanned to see if there are any of these.

Again, if these can be caught by a tool, let's set it up. The current
configs are minimal.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

it's great see some action in proxy. I'd like to have a look at the code,
but you know how it is... I can not promise, since I'll be pretty busy
until early may at work :-)

Best regards,
Benedikt