Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 17:36:14 UTC

New User Group for HBase Developers

Hello HBase users,

I’m excited to announce the first San Francisco Kiji
Meetup<http://wibi.co/19kLWb7>!
Come learn about the Kiji Project <http://www.kiji.org/>, an open-source,
Apache licensed framework that enables developers and analysts to collect
and analyze data in real-time applications on top of Hadoop and HBase.
Developers are using Kiji to build real-time recommendation engines,
product catalogs, fraud & risk scoring and energy usage reporting.

The first Kiji Meetup will be held in San Francisco, hosted by
Opower<http://opower.com/>(760 Market Street, 4th Floor, San
Francisco, CA) on Wednesday, October 23
from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Talks include, "Powering Energy Insights with Kiji"
from Opower’s Data Services team and "Faster Model Deployment with
KijiExpress" from the engineers at WibiData, creators of Kiji.

Attendees will learn how Kiji provides tools to facilitate the development
of real-time applications on top of Hadoop & HBase and Big Data Science
within a KV Store. I invite you to come learn more about live Kiji use
cases, best practices for building and deploying real-time Big Data
Applications and upcoming Kiji features.

Find out more information about the SF Kiji Meetup
Group<http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Kiji-Meetup/>and register
for the first SF
Kiji Meetup <http://wibi.co/19kLWb7> today!

Best,