Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Garima Kishore <ga...@wipro.com> on 2001/05/24 05:44:45 UTC

Problem running CGI Script

Hi,

	Assuming I have configured Apache server for running CGI scripts on the
Linux platform , I get an error when I type the URL

 "http://MYMACHINENO:8080/cgi-bin/.PLX PROGRAM" on the browser

ERROR:The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy.Operation
timed out.

Kindly help!

Thanking you in advance,
Garima.

Re: Problem running CGI Script

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Garima Kishore wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Assuming I have configured Apache server for running CGI scripts on the
> Linux platform , I get an error when I type the URL
>
>  "http://MYMACHINENO:8080/cgi-bin/.PLX PROGRAM" on the browser
>
> ERROR:The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy.Operation
> timed out.

This type of error occurs when the program goes into a loop or hangs and
the browser is left waiting until it gets fed up and times out.

Your URL looks very strange... Is your program really called ".PLX"?
What is the word "PROGRAM" doing on its own in the URL - is it meant to
be an argument?

Please check a few things:

- Does your program run properly from the command line?
- If you want to send arguments, use the correct CGI syntax, e.g.

http://mymachine:8080/cgi-bin/my_prog?arg1=banana&arg2=kiwi

i.e.
- the argument list is joined to the program name with a "?"
- arguments and values are joined with a "="
- extra argument/value pairs are joined with a "&"

Best regards,

Owen Boyle.