Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/12/22 20:35:10 UTC

RIOT updates

I have just committed changes for the integration of the new webby
reader into RIOT, together with moving it from org.openjena.riot to
org.apache.jena.riot.

While I have tried to maximise compatibility by leaving some classes for
basic usage patterns in  org.openjena.riot (and all deprecated), it's
not a perfect redirection to the new world.

If any particularly inconvenient changes have got in, yell and I'll add
some more compatibility code but generally apps don't call RIOT directly.

Code that does model.read is unaffected except that it will be using the
content negotiation code, which includes guessing from file extensions
and assuming no protocol means "file:"

A key new class is "RDFDataMgr" which has load and read operations for
modeds, graphs, datasets and datasetgraphs in more flavours than is
natural.  (default argument and implicit conversions would have been
nice!)  This is a conceptual superset of the old FileManager (which
still should work and hook into RIOT).

Still to do: documentation, examples.

	Andy