Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by LiFu He <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/07 12:46:44 UTC

Is it possible to compile Impala on Apache hadoop/hive/hbase/sentry/ranger?

Hi everybody,

I have a question that why Impala relies on the CDH/CDP
distribution(hadoop/hive/hbase/sentry/ranger)? And is it possible to switch
to Apache version? Thanks in advance.

--helifu

Re: Is it possible to compile Impala on Apache hadoop/hive/hbase/sentry/ranger?

Posted by Shant Hovsepian <sh...@superdupershant.com>.
I think it's a great idea to add support for pulling in stock Apache
dependencies. The build configuration is flexible enough to support this,
however there is the burden of making sure all the tests pass and the
system is stable, finding the right combination of versions for various
projects that work well together and have compatible APIs is always quite a
challenge.

It would be best if someone would volunteer to enable an option to build
against these versions and submit a patch.

Cheers!

-Shant

Posted by Tianhua huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by LiFu He <he...@apache.org>.