Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> on 2012/11/06 10:47:34 UTC

False positive

http://www.dnswl.org/, low
        *      trust
        *      [208.99.185.53 listed in list.dnswl.org]
        * -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover
relay
        *      domain
        * -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
        *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
        * -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature
from author's
        *       domain
        * -0.0 DKIM_VERIFIED DKIM_VERIFIED
        * -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK
signature
        *  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not
necessarily
        *      valid
        *  0.6 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format
        *  1.7 AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D
        *  2.8 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK Forged mail pretending to be from MS
Outlook
        *  3.1 DOS_OE_TO_MX Delivered direct to MX with OE headers

This mail seems HAM to me, but Outlook traces seem to be invalid. I do
not want to publish this at least in unmangled format, so I though some
dev might be interest to analyze it.

If so, I can send off-list the mail for an analysis. The sample is
posted from Groups.ITtoolbox.com and the recipient apparenly has
subscribed to it, as I see lots of mail from that source to him.

The recipient is my Boss, and the servers in received headers are our
company servers, so I do not publish this to everyone.

Any volunteers?

--

You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.

Re: False positive

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 11/06/2012 10:47 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> http://www.dnswl.org/, low
>          *      trust
>          *      [208.99.185.53 listed in list.dnswl.org]
>          * -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover
> relay
>          *      domain
>          * -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
>          *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
>          * -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature
> from author's
>          *       domain
>          * -0.0 DKIM_VERIFIED DKIM_VERIFIED
>          * -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK
> signature
>          *  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not
> necessarily
>          *      valid
>          *  0.6 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format
>          *  1.7 AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D
>          *  2.8 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK Forged mail pretending to be from MS
> Outlook
>          *  3.1 DOS_OE_TO_MX Delivered direct to MX with OE headers
>
> This mail seems HAM to me, but Outlook traces seem to be invalid. I do
> not want to publish this at least in unmangled format, so I though some
> dev might be interest to analyze it.
>
> If so, I can send off-list the mail for an analysis. The sample is
> posted from Groups.ITtoolbox.com and the recipient apparenly has
> subscribed to it, as I see lots of mail from that source to him.
>
> The recipient is my Boss, and the servers in received headers are our
> company servers, so I do not publish this to everyone.
>
> Any volunteers?

beam it over (as eml in an archive, please)

Axb

Re: False positive

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 11/06/2012 11:29 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> 06.11.2012 12:14, Axb kirjoitti:

>>> The mail now passes as HAM (4.4 points) if I re-check it with current
>>> settings. I guess masscheck has adjusted the score of those rules
>>> triggered by this, as this false positive has been in my HAM corpus.
>>
>> This is an old version which shouldn't show up in ham unless the user
>> has made a point of not updating his OS

> OK. Should I move that mail to my SPAM corpus, and treat it like that?
> The content sure looks hammy to me...

I'd leave it in HAM for the time being.

Axb

Re: False positive

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
06.11.2012 12:14, Axb kirjoitti:
> On 11/06/2012 10:59 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> 06.11.2012 11:47, Jari Fredriksson kirjoitti:
>>> http://www.dnswl.org/, low
>>>          *      trust
>>>          *      [208.99.185.53 listed in list.dnswl.org]
>>>          * -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches
>>> handover
>>> relay
>>>          *      domain
>>>          * -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
>>>          *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
>>>          * -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature
>>> from author's
>>>          *       domain
>>>          * -0.0 DKIM_VERIFIED DKIM_VERIFIED
>>>          * -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK
>>> signature
>>>          *  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not
>>> necessarily
>>>          *      valid
>>>          *  0.6 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this
>>> format
>>>          *  1.7 AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D
>>> AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D
>>>          *  2.8 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK Forged mail pretending to be from MS
>>> Outlook
>>>          *  3.1 DOS_OE_TO_MX Delivered direct to MX with OE headers
>>>
>>> This mail seems HAM to me, but Outlook traces seem to be invalid. I do
>>> not want to publish this at least in unmangled format, so I though some
>>> dev might be interest to analyze it.
>>>
>>> If so, I can send off-list the mail for an analysis. The sample is
>>> posted from Groups.ITtoolbox.com and the recipient apparenly has
>>> subscribed to it, as I see lots of mail from that source to him.
>>>
>>> The recipient is my Boss, and the servers in received headers are our
>>> company servers, so I do not publish this to everyone.
>>>
>>> Any volunteers?
>>>

>> The mail now passes as HAM (4.4 points) if I re-check it with current
>> settings. I guess masscheck has adjusted the score of those rules
>> triggered by this, as this false positive has been in my HAM corpus.
>
> This is an old version which shouldn't show up in ham unless the user
> has made a point of not updating his OS

OK. Should I move that mail to my SPAM corpus, and treat it like that?
The content sure looks hammy to me...

--

Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.

Re: False positive

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.

Re: False positive

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
06.11.2012 11:47, Jari Fredriksson kirjoitti:
> http://www.dnswl.org/, low
>         *      trust
>         *      [208.99.185.53 listed in list.dnswl.org]
>         * -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover
> relay
>         *      domain
>         * -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
>         *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
>         * -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature
> from author's
>         *       domain
>         * -0.0 DKIM_VERIFIED DKIM_VERIFIED
>         * -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK
> signature
>         *  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not
> necessarily
>         *      valid
>         *  0.6 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format
>         *  1.7 AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D AXB_XMAILER_MIMEOLE_OL_4379D
>         *  2.8 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK Forged mail pretending to be from MS
> Outlook
>         *  3.1 DOS_OE_TO_MX Delivered direct to MX with OE headers
>
> This mail seems HAM to me, but Outlook traces seem to be invalid. I do
> not want to publish this at least in unmangled format, so I though some
> dev might be interest to analyze it.
>
> If so, I can send off-list the mail for an analysis. The sample is
> posted from Groups.ITtoolbox.com and the recipient apparenly has
> subscribed to it, as I see lots of mail from that source to him.
>
> The recipient is my Boss, and the servers in received headers are our
> company servers, so I do not publish this to everyone.
>
> Any volunteers?

The mail now passes as HAM (4.4 points) if I re-check it with current
settings. I guess masscheck has adjusted the score of those rules
triggered by this, as this false positive has been in my HAM corpus.

--

Q:	What's yellow, and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice?
A:	Zorn's Lemon.