Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by lee carroll <le...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/07 09:11:37 UTC

lib directory on 1.4.1 with multi cores and tomcat

lib directory on 1.4.1 with multi cores

I've specified shared lib as "lib" in the solr.xml file. My assumption
being this will be the lib under solr-home.
However my cores cannot load classes from any new jar's placed in this
dir after a tomcat restart.

What am I missing ?

Re: lib directory on 1.4.1 with multi cores and tomcat

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I've specified shared lib as "lib" in the solr.xml file. My assumption
: being this will be the lib under solr-home.
: However my cores cannot load classes from any new jar's placed in this
: dir after a tomcat restart.

Specifying a relative path for sharedLib in your solr.xml file may not be
relative to the SOLR_HOME -- i'm not sure.  it may be relative the CWD of
the JVM.

Solr will log any jars loaded on startup, so it's easy enough to verify
exactly where it's looking.

-Hoss