Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Paul J. Lucas" <pa...@lucasmail.org> on 2008/07/16 06:22:36 UTC

Interrupting a query

If a complicated query is running in a Thread, how does Lucene respond
to Thread.interrupt()?  I want to be able to interrupt an in-progress
query.

- Paul

Re: Interrupting a query

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
You can't with that call.  You have to make one that uses a
HitCollector, and your hit collector needs to be interruptable and it
probably needs to handle your sorting.  Sounds like a nice
contribution/patch.

Sorry, I can't offer a better solution.

-Grant

On Jul 22, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Paul J. Lucas wrote:

> If I'm calling:
>
> 	IndexSearcher.search( query, sortOrder );
>
> how, exactly, can I do what you suggest?  *That* call is what I want
> to interrupt.
>
> - Paul
>

> On Jul 18, 2008, at 3:51 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> True, but I think the approach is similar, in that you need to have
>> the hit collector check to see if your interrupt flag has been set
>> and then exit out.
>>
>> On Jul 16, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>>
>>> That has nothing to do with interrupting a query at some arbitrary
>>> time.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com