Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Sachin Agarwal via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2022/11/08 18:28:59 UTC

github reviewer help / tips

Hey folks,

I've found myself repeatedly being very untimely in providing reviews on
PRs where I've been added as a reviewer.  (Mea culpa and thank you for your
understanding to those who have tagged me and emailed me to nudge me along.)

Does anyone have any great tips about how to be super on top of things in
the Beam repos?  Any Github experts who can get my SLA from three weeks to
a day or so would be great.

Many thanks in advance -

Cheers,
Sachin

Re: github reviewer help / tips

Posted by Ahmet Altay via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
On a related note: It is quite easy to miss GitHub notifications. If you
are waiting on a review feel free to ping (github, email, slack etc.) the
reviewer after a few days.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 11:08 AM Pablo Estrada via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>
wrote:

> Nice pointer Valentyn.
>
> If you are willing to open the Github page sometimes, it's worth just
> using the PR tab: https://github.com/pulls - which should show all PRs
> that mention you/have review requests for you from all repos.
> -P.
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 10:56 AM Valentyn Tymofieiev via dev <
> dev@beam.apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I use Notifier for Github
>> <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/notifier-for-github/lmjdlojahmbbcodnpecnjnmlddbkjhnn?hl=en> Chrome
>> extension.

+1 for this. This is also my primary way of seeing GH notifications.

Posted by Pablo Estrada via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Nice pointer Valentyn.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
I use Notifier for Github