Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by ro...@equate.nl on 2011/01/19 12:46:06 UTC

Relations (NO book continued)

Dan,

I read your reply to Mike about car.setOwningCustomer(). vs
car.clearOwningCustomer().

I was wondering why you don't take the opportunity to implement Relations
as a separate construct? This would avoid such circular dependencies and
concentrate knowledge pertaining to the relation in one artefact.

Gr,
Rob van der Horst

Re: Relations (NO book continued)

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.
Hi Rob,

My gut feel is that this would be too complex. A separate Relation object is fine for a many-to-many relationship but too heavyweight if we needed one for every 1-1 or 1-m relationship.

Best Regards

Mike Burton