Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shain Lee <gs...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/08/14 08:04:47 UTC

update a CELL value in excel file

Dear Friends,

I want to modify just a single excel CELL in a "XLS" file. but unfortunately I
am not a good programmer. Is there any one able to help me by piece of a code
????

From a external shell script I am capturing a random umber and which supposed
update in the excel file. The location in the excel file is CELL B1.

Can somebody help me plz,

Thanks
Shain.

RE: update a CELL value in excel file

Posted by Alex Panayotopoulos <Al...@vianet.co.uk>.
Hi Shain,

Have you found the Busy Developer's Guide to HSSF and XSSF?
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/quick-guide.html

See the section "Reading and Rewriting Workbooks" in particular.

Thanks,
Alex Panayotopoulos