Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Louis Vetsch <lw...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/13 16:10:45 UTC

'My Space' menu element name and title

We have built a custom portal on top of Jetspeed-2, 2.2.0 and are currently
upgrading/migrating to Jetspeed-2, 2.3.1.

In Jetspeed-2, 2.2.0, when a new Jetspeed-2 user was created (signed in for
the first time), the folder.metadata in the _user/<user> folder was created
with a <title> attribute value of "Home Folder" and a <short-title>
attribute value of "Home".

I've noticed in Jetspeed-2, 2.3.1, the folder.metadata is now created with
a <title> attribute value of "My Home Space" and a <short-title> attribute
value of "My Space".

Investigating further, I found that the PortalAdministrationImpl class was
changed to update the 'title' and 'shortTitle' properties of the Folder to
be "My Home Space" and "My Space" in the registerUser() method. We have a
template folder that we ship with our custom portal that specifies
different values for the <title> and <short-title> attributes of the
folder, but the PortalAdministrationImpl seems to be overwriting those
attributes when it creates (registers) the Jetspeed-2 user folder.

Ideally, we would like the presentation of our menu status area to continue
to use the previous name of 'Home' that was used when we were using
Jetspeed-2, 2.2.0. My question is if there is an alternative way to
override the <title> and <short-title> attributes in Jetspeed-2, 2.3.1 for
the user's main folder?

Thanks in advance.

Re: 'My Space' menu element name and title

Posted by DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Unfortunately, it looks like its hard-coded.

I will remove those 2 lines and send you a new jar to lwvetsch@gmail.com