Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kommu, Vinodh K." <vk...@dtcc.com> on 2020/04/24 18:03:49 UTC

IdleTimeout setting in Jetty (Solr 7.7.1)

Hi,

Our clients are running streaming expressions on 140M docs collection which has relatively huge data however query is not completing through & timing out after 120secs (which is default timeout in jetty*.xml files). We had changed the default timeout from 120s to 300s which worked fine. To change the default timeout setting, we had to modify the jetty files from installation directory, to avoid this, is there any option/way available in solr start arguments to overwrite the default idleTimeout value with custom value without modifying the actual jetty*.xml files?

Thanks & Regards,
Vinodh

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

RE: IdleTimeout setting in Jetty (Solr 7.7.1)

Posted by "Kommu, Vinodh K." <vk...@dtcc.com>.
Thanks Raji, let me try it.

On the other hand, I'm trying socketTimeout and connTimeout properties as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinodh

Posted by Raji N <ra...@gmail.com>.
Try starting like this.