Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2008/09/25 19:38:42 UTC

Discussion: Temporal Expression UI Artifacts

I've been working on getting the temporal expression UI artifacts ported
over from my local copy to the trunk.

As was suggested earlier, I put some reusable UI artifacts in the common
component, and I set up a temporal expression maintenance tab and screen
in the webtools component (we need a screen *somewhere* in the project
to manage the expressions).

Everything works great, but I'm not happy with it. It's spread out over
too many components. Because of build file dependencies, the java code
is in the security component, the reusable screen artifacts are in the
common component, and the maintenance screen (that uses the artifacts in
common) is in the webtools component.

Before I commit this, does anyone have any better ideas?

-Adrian

Re: Discussion: Temporal Expression UI Artifacts

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Oh yeah, duh. I knew they were there too since that where we discussed
them going, and that's a good enough place for them.

If the code has to use the service engine it can't go in anything
below it, and if the service engine uses it then it can't go anywhere
above it! So, it gets to be part of the service engine and I guess
that makes enough since. It's really not too strange I guess, it's a
feature of the service engine that higher level framework and
application components can use as well.

-David

On Sep 25, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> Oops, you're right. It's in service.
>
> Ugh. I can't wait for this day to be over. ;-)
>
> -Adrian
>
> Adam Heath wrote:
>> Adrian Crum wrote:
>>> The temporal expression Java code in the security component is
>>> already
>>> in the trunk. I didn't mean to say that UI artifacts are in the
>>> security
>>> component. Instead, I was listing all of the temporal expression

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
The temporal expression Java code in the security component is already
in the trunk. I didn't mean to say that UI artifacts are in the security
component. Instead, I was listing all of the temporal expression related
files and how they are scattered all over the place. Sorry for the
confusion.

I will submit a patch to Jira later today.

-Adrian

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.