Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl> on 2004/08/02 18:57:46 UTC

[Heads up] org.apache.util package cleanup

I just committed the changes I had promised earlier. Unfortunately the
second commit message seemed to have bounced because it was too large
:-/  Therefore a short description here.

There remains only one class in both webdav server and webdav client:
WebdavStatus. I don't think it pays off to factor that out into a
separate jar so I'll leave it for now.

On the server side I removed src/util directory completely. Only
WebdavStatus and URLUtil moved into webdav server package under
org.apache.slide.webdav.util. The latter can probably removed when I
figure out how to use commons httpclient URIUtil class. Instead of our
own MD5Encoder class we now use commons codec although what is used is
so minimal perhaps we should leave it out.

On the client side there remain a few more util classes. Moved them to
org.apache.webdav.util. Still to be sorted out is the fact that
PropertyWriter and DOMWriter classes are virtually identical and
DOMUtils which holds code for DOM level 1 only environment (is that
still needed?)

--
Unico

Re: [Heads up] org.apache.util package cleanup

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
Hey, you beat me to it again :-D

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.