Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/06 16:22:07 UTC

[antrun-plugin] impending PropertyHelper compatibility issues

Forgive my ignorance of the subject line conventions
of this mailing list, and please note in advance that
I personally am not subscribed to any Maven lists (I
believe Kevin Jackson is subscribed to one or more of
them).  At any rate, it has come to the attention of
the Ant developers that Maven's antrun plugin
customizes Ant's PropertyHelper architecture.  A
discussion of drastic refactorings to these APIs is by
this time nearing its conclusion, but we are trying to
reach out to affected parties to gauge impact before
finalizing these changes for an Ant 1.8 version
sometime in the not-too-near future.  A fairly
complete picture of what has happened can be gotten by
reading the e-mail threads at these links:

http://marc.info/?t=118181653000007&r=2&w=2
http://marc.info/?t=118355516800009&r=1&w=2&n=2
http://marc.info/?t=118371968600001&r=1&w=2&n=2

Regards,