Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by syllepsa <sy...@wp.pl> on 2010/04/23 13:27:56 UTC

Re: problem mapping subdirectories to facesServlet

Sorry for opening the topic again but I have similar problem. Did you find
solution?

Regards

Mariusz

Re: problem mapping subdirectories to facesServlet

Posted by syllepsa <sy...@wp.pl>.
After reading http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html I
realized that my virtual host configuration was wrong. It should be like
this:

<Host name="www.mydomain.com" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="myapp" />
</Host>

Thank you for help.

Regards,

Mariusz

Re: problem mapping subdirectories to facesServlet

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
I cannot give detailed help here, but in my opinion the problem lies
along the security either a firewall is blocking or the server itself
or a frontend webserver.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Am 23.04.10 13:27, schrieb syllepsa:

> Sorry for opening the topic again but I have similar problem. Did you find
> solution?
>
> Regards
>
> Mariusz

Hello after checking the thread (pretty old I must say), all I can say
is this looks like a security setting to me.
if you map the faces-servlet to
    <servlet-mapping>
         <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

you should be able to call any jsf page from any subdir, no matter how
deep the nesting depth is. This is a standard setup.
If it does not work then something on the application server, mostly
the security setting interferes here.

Werner