Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Paolo Chiarotto (LCL)" <pc...@ngco.com> on 2003/04/22 17:58:52 UTC

Multiple applications on one server

I currently have one server that I am developing 2 applications on.
Each application has a test and a development set of code.  So in total
there are 4 sets of code on the server.

Currently when I make changes that require me to reload the classes I
have to stop all 4 environments.  The context's reloadable option does
not work because some processes can only start once when the application
starts.

My question is can I only restart one context at a time without
affecting the others?  I am using the scripts startup.sh and shutdown.sh
to bring Tomcat up and down.

Thanks in advance!
Paolo.

Re: Multiple applications on one server

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Tomcat's manager app will let you stop, start, and reload web applications
without affecting any others.

John