Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Kini, Ameet M." <ak...@mitre.org> on 2012/04/13 22:05:52 UTC

monitoring

What are folks using to monitor Accumulo - the master status page, Ganglia, openTSDB, anything else?

I was looking into Ganglia but wasn't sure how/if Accumulo works with it. Would the Accumulo daemons send metrics directly to the gmond,  would the metrics be dumped to a file and then read back, some other indirect way? Any online pointers would also be useful.

Thanks,
-Ameet Kini

Re: monitoring

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
This is fixed.  Thanks for letting me know!

-Eric

Re: monitoring

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

RE: monitoring

Posted by "Kini, Ameet M." <ak...@mitre.org>.

Eric,

Got sidetracked for a day there. So I was able to start a tsd but the mkmetric command gets a zookeeper NoNodeException. I know that my zookeeper is accessible because tsd can talk to it fine. Any clues?

Thanks,
Ameet

[hadoop build]$ ./tsdb mkmetric proc.loadavg.1min --instance=foo --zkquorum=foo --auser=foo --apass=foo
2012-04-17 16:55:56,222 ERROR [main] UniqueId: WTF?  Unexpected exception type when assigning an ID, ICV on row=[0] column='id:metrics'
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /tsdb/maxId
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:102) ~[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42) ~[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:927) ~[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
        at net.opentsdb.uid.UniqueId.getOrCreateId(UniqueId.java:275) ~[tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
        at net.opentsdb.tools.UidManager.assign(UidManager.java:286) [tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
        at net.opentsdb.tools.UidManager.runCommand(UidManager.java:175) [tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
        at net.opentsdb.tools.UidManager.main(UidManager.java:141) [tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
2012-04-17 16:55:56,236 ERROR [main] UniqueId: WTF?  Unexpected exception type when assigning an ID, ICV on row=[0] column='id:metrics'
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /tsdb/maxId
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:102) ~[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42) ~[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:927) ~[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
        at net.opentsdb.uid.UniqueId.getOrCreateId(UniqueId.java:275) ~[tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
        at net.opentsdb.tools.UidManager.assign(UidManager.java:286) [tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
        at net.opentsdb.tools.UidManager.runCommand(UidManager.java:175) [tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
        at net.opentsdb.tools.UidManager.main(UidManager.java:141) [tsdb-1.1.0.jar:]
2012-04-17 16:55:56,247 ERROR [main] UniqueId: WTF?  Unexpected exception type when assigning an ID, ICV on row=[0] column='id:metrics'

Re: monitoring

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

RE: monitoring

Posted by "Kini, Ameet M." <ak...@mitre.org>.