Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr> on 2012/11/08 15:39:39 UTC

Limit the SolR acces from the web for one user-agent?

Dear All,

I'm using an external program (my own client) to access to my
Apache-SolR database.
I would like to restrict the SOLR access to a specific User-Agent
(defined in my program).

I would like to know if it's possible to do that directly in SolR config
or I must
process that in the Apache server?

My program do only requests like this (i.e.):
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pp/solr/select/?q=ap%3Afuelcell&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

I can add on my HTTP component properties an User-Agent, Log, Pass,
etc... like a standard Http connection.

To complete: my soft is distribued to several users and I would like to
limit the SOLR access to these users and with my program.
FireFox, Chrome, I.E. will be unauthorized.

thanks for your comment or help,
Bruno

Ubuntu 12.04LTS
SolR 3.6

Re: Limit the SolR acces from the web for one user-agent?

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
Another option is to use HTTP auth, which would involve modifying
web.xml in the Solr WAR and configuring a user in your container.

Unfortunately, this won't work with distributed queries.

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions
18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017-6271