Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/04 14:40:30 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC5)

Please vote to approve the release of the following candidate as Apache
SystemML version 0.11.0!

The PPMC vote thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg01097.html

And the result:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg01118.html

The tag to be voted on is v0.11.0-incubating-rc5
(c2e1670c2745863195d4789f1f77ed01ec11af5e)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/c2e1670c27
45863195d4789f1f77ed01ec11af5e

The release artifacts can be found at :

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.
11.0-incubating-rc5/

The maven release artifacts, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1011/

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.11.0

Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC5)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
And we received another IPMC binding +1 from our mentor Reynold at the
SystemML dev list

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg01126.html

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC5)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi Deron,

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg01121.html

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 6:24 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:22 PM Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > Again it a little confusing what is actually being released here, why
> are
> > > jars included here? [1] Remember maven is not the primary release area
> > [2]
> > >
> > > What exactly were the artefacts that were voted on the dev list?
> > >
> > > Justin
> > >
> > > 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.
> > > 11.0-incubating-rc5/
> > > 2. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#where-do-releases-go
> > >

> > Thanks for taking the time to review SystemML RC Justin.
> > Please see this thread:
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.
> org/msg01121.html
> >
> > But in summary, the release folder you linked above contains the
> following
> > artifacts
> >
> > - Source Release
> >

> This is the only artifact that should be in the dist area, along with the
> appropriate signature files.  Can you remove the others?

I understand that the most important thing for Apache is the source release
artifact, but that does not prohibit a project from distributing
convenience binaries as long as they meet all the legal requirements
mandated by Apache. Also, the release structure hasn't changed much from
our previous releases, and by looking into recently approved podling
releases, they seem to have binary releases as well, maybe except the jar
related artifacts, that I believe would be ok to remove if that is causing
confusion.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.