Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2019/06/03 17:42:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway (v0.10.0-incubating, rc2)

Dear IPMC members,

The OpenWhisk podling has voted to release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway
(v0.10.0-incubating, rc2) with 5 +1 votes and no other votes cast per the
vote thread at [1].  There were no IPMC member votes cast on that thread.

We now ask IPMC members to review this release candidate and vote
accordingly.  Note that this is an improved version of the proposed release
we brought to you on May 23rd in [2].

thanks,

--dave

This is a call to vote on releasing version 0.10.0-incubating release
candidate rc2 of the following project module with artifacts built from the
Git repositories and commit IDs listed below.

* OpenWhisk API Gateway: a737552c
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-apigateway/commits/a737552c
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.10.0-incubating-rc2/openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.10.0-incubating-rc2/openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.10.0-incubating-rc2/openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

This release is comprised of source code distribution only.

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
checklist below:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-openwhisk-release.git;a=blob_plain;f=tools/rcverify.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
curl -s
"https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-openwhisk-release.git;a=blob_plain;f=tools/rcverify.sh;hb=HEAD"
 -o rcverify.sh
chmod +x rcverify.sh
rcverify.sh openwhisk-apigateway 'OpenWhisk API Gateway' 0.10.0-incubating
rc2

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

Release verification checklist for reference:
  [ ] Download links are valid.
  [ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
  [ ] DISCLAIMER is included.
  [ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current
release.
  [ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repository.
  [ ] All files have license headers as specified by OpenWhisk project
policy [3].
  [ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3f4f02baa2708da4868c79ed6bcb0241570f730dc14af3d1b4c295cf@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d43cf440e4d90770160e969fecf2957644c47d7c14c5192eacde9cf0@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[3]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/license_compliance.md

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway (v0.10.0-incubating, rc2)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2019/06/08 03:42:43, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > BTW I think this points out one of the dangers of possible over reliance of using scripts to check releases. In case the issue is minor but sometimes it won’t be.
>
> Yes.  Point taken. The two MIT-licensed files are in git exactly where the NOTICE file says they are, but the subdirectory they were in was excluded from the tar command.  The files are only needed for testing, so it doesn't make the release unusable, but excluding them is not what should have happened.

Perhaps the script should check that the contents of the repo tag
agree with the contents of the source bundle.
This would catch both missing and spurious files, as well as
unwarranted changes.

Posted by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

BTW I think this points out one of the dangers of possible over reliance of using scripts to check releases. In case the issue is minor but sometimes it won’t be.

Some issues need a human to check for, unless perhaps we go down the SPDX path and/or structure the license data in a way that's easier for machines to parse and check.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway (v0.10.0-incubating, rc2)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashed match
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE isn’t correct as it points to two MIT licensed files but they don’t seem to exist
- NOTICE is fine
- Several files are missing ASF headers
- No unexpected binary files
- can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway (v0.10.0-incubating, rc2)

Posted by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>.
This vote is now closed.  It passed with 3 binding +1 votes (Krzysztof Sobkowiak, Justin Mclean, and Bertrand Delacretaz) and no other votes cast.

Thanks for all who participated; we will proceed with releasing this software.

--dave

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 7:44 PM David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...We now ask IPMC members to review this release candidate and vote
> accordingly...

+1, verified as follows:

./rcverify.sh openwhisk-apigateway 'OpenWhisk API Gateway' 0.10.0-incubating rc2
rcverify.sh (script SHA1: 6871 208F 37F8 2352 BA60  E66E 8953 94E8 2832 AA69)
working in the following directory:
/var/folders/dv/tyxwrt5j7m5_z3v85tfp43qr0000gn/T/tmp.XyMn2Gip
fetching tarball and signatures from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.10.0-incubating-rc2
fetching openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
fetching openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc
fetching openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512
fetching release keys
importing keys
gpg: key 2C4CF320: "Vincent Hou (Release manager of OpenWhisk)
<ho...@apache.org>" not changed
gpg: key 147F886E: "Dave Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>" not changed
gpg: key 27C86D51: "Rodric Rabbah <ra...@apache.org>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 3
gpg:              unchanged: 3
unpacking tar ball
cloning scancode
Cloning into 'incubator-openwhisk-utilities'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 57, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (57/57), done.
remote: Total 57 (delta 19), reused 37 (delta 12), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (57/57), done.
computing sha512 for openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
SHA512: openwhisk-apigateway-0.10.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
F3A852F8 95982ED3 5735336F D1A85FF6 AE4575AA BAF251A7 0B77AA40 EE4D0727 09C40A99
 6F1BD0ED CDA91B9B 59C9C3AF 19E7AC52 BF05A869 61C113D9 D42BB691
validating sha512... passed
verifying asc... passed (signed-by: Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>)
verifying disclaimer... passed
verifing notice... passed
verifying license... passed
verifying sources have proper headers... passed
scanning for executable files... passed
scanning for non-text files... passed
scanning for archives... passed
scanning for packages... passed

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway (v0.10.0-incubating, rc2)

Posted by Sobkowiak Krzysztof <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Looks ok for me

   [x ] Download links are valid.
   [x ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
   [x ] DISCLAIMER is included.
   [x ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current
release.
   [x ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repository.
   [x ] All files have license headers as specified by OpenWhisk project
policy [1].
   [x ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak