Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Frank Mena <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/16 01:57:05 UTC

New SAR Plugin

I have written a sar plugin that builds a JBoss service sar.  It handles the
.sar extension automatically because I have given it an artifactId of
maven-sar-plugin.  I would like to contribute it for inclusion into the
mavens plugin directory, if possible.  It has the Apache license and a
site.  How should I go about submitting it?

I have also modifed the ear plugin so it will also handle a sarModule.  I
have the source of the sarModule and a patch file that has the changes to
the  ear source to include the sar module.  Also , I noticed that 2 of the
source files do not have the proper Apache license header, so I fixed them.

Frank Mena

Re: New SAR Plugin

Posted by Frank Mena <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have a created a Jira issue (MNG-1866) and attached the source to the
plugin.

Frank

Re: New SAR Plugin

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
:-)

Re: New SAR Plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
I know :)

Read Jonh's mail, he's talking about a patch for the ear plugin. I am just
saying it's done.

Stéphane

On 12/16/05, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:

> This patch doesn't create a sar file, it only add it in ear.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Stephane Nicoll a écrit :
> > John,
> >
> > Someone already did that, see MNG-1852. I just fixed it and this will be
> > available in the next maven ear plugin release (2.1)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stéphane
> >
> > On 12/16/05, John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>First of all, thanks for the contribution!
> >>
> >>Please file a JIRA issue against the ear plugin if you have not already
> >>done so, and attach that patch. As for the SAR plugin, you should email
> >>the dev@mojo.codehaus.org mailing list to see what kind of interest you
> >>can drum up there. Our first preference would be to have jboss
> >>themselves host (and maintain) the plugin, but if that's not feasible
> >>and there is enough interest from the mojo project, we can set you up
> >>there to become the maintainer for this plugin.
> >>
> >>At any rate, start by mailing dev@mojo.codehaus.org.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>John

> handles
> >>
> >>the

> >>sarModule.  I

> >>the

> >>them.

> > --
> > .::You're welcome ::.

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: New SAR Plugin

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Re: New SAR Plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
John,

Someone already did that, see MNG-1852. I just fixed it and this will be
available in the next maven ear plugin release (2.1)

Thanks,
Stéphane

On 12/16/05, John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> First of all, thanks for the contribution!
>
> Please file a JIRA issue against the ear plugin if you have not already
> done so, and attach that patch. As for the SAR plugin, you should email
> the dev@mojo.codehaus.org mailing list to see what kind of interest you
> can drum up there. Our first preference would be to have jboss
> themselves host (and maintain) the plugin, but if that's not feasible
> and there is enough interest from the mojo project, we can set you up
> there to become the maintainer for this plugin.
>
> At any rate, start by mailing dev@mojo.codehaus.org.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> Frank Mena wrote:
> > I have written a sar plugin that builds a JBoss service sar.  It handles
> the
> > .sar extension automatically because I have given it an artifactId of
> > maven-sar-plugin.  I would like to contribute it for inclusion into the
> > mavens plugin directory, if possible.  It has the Apache license and a
> > site.  How should I go about submitting it?
> >
> > I have also modifed the ear plugin so it will also handle a
> sarModule.  I
> > have the source of the sarModule and a patch file that has the changes
> > the  ear source to include the sar module.  Also , I noticed that 2 of
> the
> > source files do not have the proper Apache license header, so I fixed
> them.
> >
> > Frank Mena

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: New SAR Plugin