Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> on 2019/01/19 07:13:20 UTC

Version trunk in bugzilla

Hello,

can we get the version "trunk2 in bugzilla to track the issues which
comms there and are not in the 420-dev branch.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: Version trunk in bugzilla

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Sorry for being a bit late.

For all products that allow new issues I've created the follwoing:

Version   - "4.3.0-dev" to label issues where it was found.
Milestone - "4.3.0" to label where a fix should go into.

When something should be missing just give me a hint.

@All:
I just want to remind you that the version in code needs to be changed
from 4.5.0 to 4.3.0. Jim has done this so quickly and noiseless, maybe
he is willing to do the change again. ;-)

Thanks

Marcus

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
works for me :)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Marcus write:

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
No further opinions? Come on :-)

Marcus

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 19.01.19 um 12:24 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello,
>

> Am 19.01.19 um 12:11 schrieb Marcus:
>> Am 19.01.19 um 09:39 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> Maybe a version trunk would help?
>>
>> before I spent 30 minutes to update all the products in BZ with a new
>> version let me summarize what we have and what is really needed:
>>

>> - trunk is used to commit changes that could be integrated in a release
>> somewhen in the future - so, totally unspecified in time. IMHO it's not
>> helpful as it is not clear at which point in time it was trunk and when
>> no longer. In SVN, etc. it's OK but not in an issue tracker.
>>
>> - trunk2 (I don't know if this was just a typo) doesn't tell me what
>> could be meant.
>
> This is a typo and should be "trunk"
>>
>> - 4.5.0 is possible - but what's about 4.3.0 and 4.4.0 - do we want to
>> skip them? At the moment I cannot imagine for what reason.
>>
>> The suggestion is to plan with a 4.3.0 when 4.2.0 is done and released.
>> Sure, maybe there is a big change that would justify a 5.0.0 release.
>> But at the moment nobody can oversee this.
>>
>> My proposal is to create a 4.3.0 version (or better milestone) to use
>> for every commit to trunk. The consequence is that the code in trunk has
>> to be adjusted (again) to replace every line that include a 4.5.0 with
>> 4.3.0.
>>
>> What do you all think?
>
> or is it better to submit the bugreport (at this time to (4.2.0) as I
> did it with #128012?

yes, you can do this. And as version you can use 4.2.0-dev. This would
be totally OK. However, the big question is: what it the target for this
issue and its fix when it wouldn't be 4.2.0? ;-)

Marcus

Re: Version trunk in bugzilla

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Am 19.01.19 um 12:11 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 19.01.19 um 09:39 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Maybe a version trunk would help?
>
> before I spent 30 minutes to update all the products in BZ with a new
> version let me summarize what we have and what is really needed:
>

> - trunk is used to commit changes that could be integrated in a release
> somewhen in the future - so, totally unspecified in time. IMHO it's not
> helpful as it is not clear at which point in time it was trunk and when
> no longer. In SVN, etc. it's OK but not in an issue tracker.
>
> - trunk2 (I don't know if this was just a typo) doesn't tell me what
> could be meant.

This is a typo and should be "trunk"

> - 4.5.0 is possible - but what's about 4.3.0 and 4.4.0 - do we want to
> skip them? At the moment I cannot imagine for what reason.
>
> The suggestion is to plan with a 4.3.0 when 4.2.0 is done and released.
> Sure, maybe there is a big change that would justify a 5.0.0 release.
> But at the moment nobody can oversee this.
>
> My proposal is to create a 4.3.0 version (or better milestone) to use
> for every commit to trunk. The consequence is that the code in trunk has
> to be adjusted (again) to replace every line that include a 4.5.0 with
> 4.3.0.
>
> What do you all think?

or is it better to submit the bugreport (at this time to (4.2.0) as I
did it with #128012?

> Thanks
>
> Marcus

Thanks