You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2012/06/29 17:51:36 UTC
Code freeze coming up for the 0.13 release process
Hi devs,
I intend to start with the 0.13 release process in a little over 2 hours from
now, so around/after 8pm CEST.
I'm requesting a code freeze from that moment on until I've created the 0.13 tag
and I notified it back on this list.
Please also refrain from committing any changes until then which might impact
the stability of the trunk in negative sense.
After the code freeze I'll first start with the integration tests, which might
take be some time as I haven't done them all yet before.
If those tests complete satisfactory I'll create the release tag and notify here
the code freeze is over.
There are 2 open issues still targeted for 0.13:
* RAVE-685: I can and will resolve it if Chris doesn't beat me to it.
* RAVE-703: opened today and isn't really clear to me if it is feasible or
advisable to squeeze this in last minute. Jasha please review and decide.
I'll move it to 0.14 if it isn't resolved before the code freeze.
Lastly there is RAVE-625 which doesn't have a fix Version set yet but which I
expect can be resolved for 0.13. I'll assume lazy consensus and do so if Matt
doesn't beat me to it.
Thanks, Ate
Re: Code freeze coming up for the 0.13 release process
Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
0.13 tag has been created (and staging release performed).
Trunk development against version 0.14-SNAPSHOT is now open.
Ate
On 06/29/2012 05:51 PM, Ate Douma wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I intend to start with the 0.13 release process in a little over 2 hours from
> now, so around/after 8pm CEST.
> I'm requesting a code freeze from that moment on until I've created the 0.13 tag
> and I notified it back on this list.
>
> Please also refrain from committing any changes until then which might impact
> the stability of the trunk in negative sense.
>
> After the code freeze I'll first start with the integration tests, which might
> take be some time as I haven't done them all yet before.
> If those tests complete satisfactory I'll create the release tag and notify here
> the code freeze is over.
>
> There are 2 open issues still targeted for 0.13:
>
> * RAVE-685: I can and will resolve it if Chris doesn't beat me to it.
>
> * RAVE-703: opened today and isn't really clear to me if it is feasible or
> advisable to squeeze this in last minute. Jasha please review and decide.
> I'll move it to 0.14 if it isn't resolved before the code freeze.
>
> Lastly there is RAVE-625 which doesn't have a fix Version set yet but which I
> expect can be resolved for 0.13. I'll assume lazy consensus and do so if Matt
> doesn't beat me to it.
>
> Thanks, Ate
Re: Code freeze coming up for the 0.13 release process
Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I intend to start with the 0.13 release process in a little over 2 hours
> from now, so around/after 8pm CEST.
> I'm requesting a code freeze from that moment on until I've created the
> 0.13 tag and I notified it back on this list.
>
> Please also refrain from committing any changes until then which might
> impact the stability of the trunk in negative sense.
>
> After the code freeze I'll first start with the integration tests, which
> might take be some time as I haven't done them all yet before.
> If those tests complete satisfactory I'll create the release tag and
> notify here the code freeze is over.
>
> There are 2 open issues still targeted for 0.13:
>
> * RAVE-685: I can and will resolve it if Chris doesn't beat me to it.
>
I'm done with that but Raminder wanted to add the ehcache setting to the
portal pom.xml so I'd say that would be the ticket to use. I'll recommend
he resolve the ticket after that checkin.
>
> * RAVE-703: opened today and isn't really clear to me if it is feasible or
> advisable to squeeze this in last minute. Jasha please review and decide.
> I'll move it to 0.14 if it isn't resolved before the code freeze.
>
> Lastly there is RAVE-625 which doesn't have a fix Version set yet but
> which I expect can be resolved for 0.13. I'll assume lazy consensus and do
> so if Matt doesn't beat me to it.
>
> Thanks, Ate
>
Re: Code freeze coming up for the 0.13 release process
Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.
On 29 June 2012 17:51, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I intend to start with the 0.13 release process in a little over 2 hours
> from now, so around/after 8pm CEST.
> I'm requesting a code freeze from that moment on until I've created the
> 0.13 tag and I notified it back on this list.
>
> Please also refrain from committing any changes until then which might
> impact the stability of the trunk in negative sense.
>
> After the code freeze I'll first start with the integration tests, which
> might take be some time as I haven't done them all yet before.
> If those tests complete satisfactory I'll create the release tag and
> notify here the code freeze is over.
>
> There are 2 open issues still targeted for 0.13:
>
> * RAVE-685: I can and will resolve it if Chris doesn't beat me to it.
>
> * RAVE-703: opened today and isn't really clear to me if it is feasible or
> advisable to squeeze this in last minute. Jasha please review and decide.
> I'll move it to 0.14 if it isn't resolved before the code freeze.
>
Just updated the fix version to 0.14. I need to dive into this (help is
welcome from people who know the OS spec by heart).
> Lastly there is RAVE-625 which doesn't have a fix Version set yet but
> which I expect can be resolved for 0.13. I'll assume lazy consensus and do
> so if Matt doesn't beat me to it.
>
> Thanks, Ate
>