Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2019/03/13 17:30:54 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Cluster size "limit"

If you can change to 8 vnodes, it will be much better for repairs and other kinds of streaming operations. The old advice of 256 per node is now not very helpful.

Sean

Posted by Ahmed Eljami <ah...@gmail.com>.
So less vnodes allows more nodes, I understand.

But, It still hard to implement  on existing cluster with more than 10
Keyspaces with different RF...

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Cluster size "limit"

Posted by Gregory Raevski <gr...@instaclustr.com>.
Instaclustr's done some analysis around "optimal" number of vnodes to use -
https://www.instaclustr.com/cassandra-vnodes-how-many-should-i-use/
I might be able to provide more details if you're interested.

As, Sean said, you can create the new DC with different number of vnodes.

Kind Regards,
*Gregory Raevski*

Posted by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com>.

Posted by Ahmed Eljami <ah...@gmail.com>.