Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Talbut <Ji...@groupgti.com> on 2009/11/25 09:01:01 UTC

Dojo plugin alternatives?

Hi,

I need a date picker component.

I started off by looking at the dojo plugin, but ran into the same problems as everyone else with Firefox 3.5.5 (in my case the datetimepicker value is not posted with the rest of the form values).
Given that bugs on the dojo plugin are being closed as "won't fix" (https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3327) what is the intended alternative?

What I think would be useful would be a way of wrapping a div or span such that it appears in the correct place for a form component, I could then put any date picker I want into that div.
Is there a way to do this currently (without writing the theme-specific HTML by hand)?

Thanks

Jim

RE: Dojo plugin alternatives?

Posted by Jim Talbut <Ji...@groupgti.com>.
Ah, very nice, thanks.
You need to do something to make that easier to find :)

A slight problem with the datepicker from it:
I use the css_xhtml theme with a simple vertical layout (labels on the left, right aligned).
With this theme the button appears on the next line, hard over to the left.
To get the button in the right place next to the text box it should be within a div/span that gets positioned appropriately.

You can see what I'm talking about here: http://rapidshare.com/files/311917973/Untitled.jpg
(sorry about the faff just to get a little image)
The datepicker button should be in the same place as the "Enable" button for the Password control.

This is only a slight problem for me, because I'm quite happy to manage without the button:
button.ui-datepicker-trigger {
  display:none;
}

Thanks again